After my long, unplanned blogging break I’m back. Around April, I became frustrated with my dysfunctional camera. And I realized that combined with all of the absolutely mandatory things I need to do, blogging became too much. But, I missed it – missed sharing and communicating with fellow sewing bloggers. And, I have a new camera.
I have been sewing in my absence (not as much as I would like). So, to catch up, here’s my latest labor of love, another velveteen doll dress for DD3.
DD3 was obsessed with the purple fabric. And I didn’t have enough of it to make a dress for her. So her doll was the next best thing. (The dress looks very blue in the pictures. But it is a vivid purple.)
I used a zigzag stitch to attach the ribbon belt.
The lining is bagged toward the center. A lot of hand sewing went into this doll dress. If you look closely, you’ll see the slip stitch in the middle.
Instead of wrestling with a traditional hem, I bagged the lining to the waist.
The velveteen and lining (from a re-purposed shirt) kept slipping around. So I basted them at the armscyce, sleeve cap and top and bottom waist.
The fastening is velcro.