This is a very simple way to clean makeup brushes without making a mess. You will probably be appalled by how much makeup you had on your brushes.
- Reuse an empty container that has a lid, and is tall enough to hold your makeup brushes without crushing them. Clear is preferable to opaque. Wash the container and lid. I used an empty sunflower seed jar.
- Add dirty makeup brushes. Do not crowd them. If you need to, you can wash them in groups.
- Fill the container two thirds with warm water. Add a squirt of paraben and sulfate -free shampoo, or fill to top with vinegar. Shake gently to clean.
- Allow to soak for fifteen minutes. Shake again.
- Pour out dirty water. Refresh with rinse water. Make sure the lid is on tight. Shake and repeat until water is clear.
- Lay brushes on a clean towel in the sun to dry. The ultraviolet light will help to disinfect them.
Save the jar so that you can clean your brushes again next month.